Veterans Campus to Careers Toolkit
For student veterans moving into the workforceVisit Veterans Toolkit
- Build confidence as you transition to a civilian career.
- Forge a career path based on your strengths, aspirations, and needs.
- Understand your legal rights during hiring and employment.
- Consider what you might need to perform at your best on the job.
- Find ways to learn and grow in your career.
- Connect with other veterans and potential employers.
Counselors Campus to Careers Toolkit
For career counselors who guide student veteransVisit Counselors Toolkit
- Understand the unique strengths and needs of veteran students, including those with disabilities and women veterans.
- Learn about the rights of veterans with disabilities during the hiring process and employment.
- Enable veterans to plan a career based on their strengths and needs.
- Build connections with potential employers.
These toolkits were built by the Yang-Tan Institute on Disability and Employment at Cornell University in conjunction with veterans services at SUNY-Oswego (New York) and East Central College (Missouri). They can be used by student veterans to navigate the campus-to-career transition and by counselors in vocational rehabilitation, higher education, employment services, and independent living.